Teenage Pakistan paceman Mohammad Aamer expressed shock and dismay at being handed a five-year ban on Saturday.
"I am shocked and hugely disappointed. I wasn't expecting that much of a ban," Aamer said, after the anti-corruption tribunal of the International Cricket Council (ICC) announced its verdict here.
Former captain Salman Butt was banned for ten years - with five suspended, Mohammad Asif for seven years - with two suspended - and Aamer for five years.
The corruption charges relate to alleged incidents during a Test match against England at Lord's last year, when Britain's News of the World newspaper claimed the players were willing to deliberately bowl no-balls.
The newspaper alleged the players had colluded in a spot-fixing scam organised by British-based agent Mazhar Majeed.
Aamer said he was still confident of being absolved.
"I was confident that I will get away without any punishment, but this is very hard on me. I have just come out of the hearing and have told my family who have tried to console me.
"I will sit with my lawyer and decide about appealing against the verdict."
Aamer's lawyer Shahid Karim had hinted he would try to convince the tribunal that since his client was only 18, and had never committed any violation of the code before, he should be treated leniently.
British prosecutors announced on Friday the trio would face criminal charges over their part in last year's spot-fixing scandal, specifically over their actions in the fourth cricket test against England at Lord's.
A statement read out at the tribunal said: "The tribunal heard the charges as Aamer agreed to bowl no-balls, and did bowl no-balls and Butt was party to the bowling of those deliberate balls, and the tribunal impsoe the following sanctions.
"Of Butt's ten years ineligibility, five years of which are suspended on the condition that he doesn't commit further breaches of the code, and that he participates under the auspices Pakistan Cricket Board in a programme of anti-corruption education."