BCCI pulls out uncapped players from IPL auction | cricket | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 08, 2016-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

BCCI pulls out uncapped players from IPL auction

cricket Updated: Nov 29, 2010 00:22 IST
Amol Karhadkar
Amol Karhadkar
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

The list of 62 Indian cricketers available for the Indian Premier League auction, which the Hindustan Times had published on Saturday, is far from being final. Thanks to a request by the Mumbai Indians, the IPL governing council has decided to amend the rules for eligibility of Indian players for the auction, to be held on January 8-9.

"The Mumbai Indians had suggested a lot of amendments to the auction and pre-auction process. The only request that was approved was that only the capped players will be auctioned," a governing council member told HT.

Last month, the governing council had decided that apart from the capped players, the domestic players who had played 75% of their respective IPL matches in the third edition will also be included in the auction pool.

As a result, the likes of Siddharth Trivedi and Abhishek Jhunjhunwala will miss out on big money. Meanwhile, another governing council member confirmed that the list of capped players would be updated as and when a capped player made himself available for the auction.

"A capped player has to write in to his state association first. Once the association forwards it to the governing council, the player's name will be added to the list," the member said.

Besides this demand, the Mumbai Indians, it was learnt, had also asked for the number of players, to be retained by existing teams, from four to six and a tie-break rule in case of two teams bid for a player. But all these demands were "declined".

The Mumbai Indians refused to comment on the issue.