CA shots email to players to end contract dispute
Cricket Australia has shot an e-mail letter to all contracted players to give them a chance to vent out their grievances and put an end to the contract dispute that raged last summer.cricket Updated: Jan 09, 2009 19:09 IST
Cricket Australia has shot an e-mail letter to all contracted players to give them a chance to vent out their grievances and put an end to the contract dispute that raged last summer.
Chairman of selectors Andrew Hilditch wants to meet all the players individually and on his behalf General Manager Michael Brown has sent an e-mail to the players, CA spokesman Peter Young said today.
Bracken, who is considered a specialist in limited-overs cricket, said he was looking forward to the meeting as it would give them a chance to discuss selection matters with Hilditch's panel.
"It's good to see that Andrew Hilditch is happy to sit down and tell you where you're at and what their plans are and what they're looking at from you," Bracken told Australian Associated Press.
"I see it as a positive, it gives me a position to work on things and move forward," Bracken said. The meeting will give an opportunity to under-fire players like Matthew Hayden, Brad Hodge and Jason Krejza, who had to face the axe after Australia's poor performance against India and South Africa recently, to vent out their grievances to the selectors.
Among others are players like Shane Watson, Cameroon White and Ashley Noffke, who are CA's contracted players but were left in lurch by selectors' decisions in recent months. However, Hodge who had been left out of Twenty20 squad against South Africa, said he was yet to receive the email. "There's nothing in my inbox, I can assure you - and I've checked today," he said.