Indian Premier League Commissioner Lalit Modi on Thursday dismissed media reports about plans to shelve the Champions League and said dates for the inaugural Twenty20 event would be announced soon.
"There is no plan to shelve the Champions League. We will decide on the dates of the Champions League after the Champions Trophy," said Modi.
Media reports claimed that the plans for the Champions Trophy, scheduled in October, had been shelved.
According to reports, England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) insisted on having 50 percent ownership and some other boards also threw in the spanner, forcing IPL authorities to drop the plan.
The ICC too was not sure if two BCCI-backed Twenty20 events, IPL and Champions League, could be accommodated in an already crammed calendar. Besides, there was also the fear of Twenty20 overshadowing other forms of the game, the reports claimed.