Delhi Police issue notice to Boje | cricket | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 26, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Delhi Police issue notice to Boje

South African cricketer Nicky Boje has been asked to make himself available for investigation in the match fixing case, says a police official.

cricket Updated: Dec 05, 2007 21:37 IST

Delhi Police on Wednesday issued a notice to South African cricketer Nicky Boje, who is playing in the Indian Cricket League Twenty20 tournament, to make himself available for investigation in his alleged involvement in the 2000 match fixing scandal.

"A notice has been issued to Boje but no date has been fixed on which he should appear," DCP, Crime Branch, Madhu Tiwari told PTI.

Boje has been asked to make himself available for investigation in the match fixing case under Section 160 of CrPc, according to Delhi Police spokesman Rajan Bhagat.

The 34-year-old Boje, who retired from international cricket last year, is playing for 'Hyderabad Heroes' in the rebel series which began on November 30 in Panchkula.

Boje along with late South African skipper Hansie Cronje and opener Herschelle Gibbs was at the centre of the scam and avoided touring India for cricket series on previous occasions.

Delhi Police had intercepted Cronje's conversation with bookies in India in which he later admitted to striking deals for throwing away matches.

Boje and Gibbs were also found guilty of being a part of their captain's conspiracy in the King's Commission inquiry held in South Africa and were heavily fined but got away with just six-month bans for their involvement.