England take overall lead of 521
England were 311 for six wickets, a lead of 521 runs, at the close on the third day of the second Ashes Test against Australia at Lord's on Saturday. SEE SCORECARD | FULL COVERAGEcricket Updated: Jul 19, 2009 11:07 IST
England reached 311 for six in their second innings to take an overall lead of 521 over Australia on the third day of the second Ashes test at Lord's.
Play was called off after the players left the field when rain started falling shortly after Paul Collingwood had been caught behind by Brad Haddin off Peter Siddle for 54.
* Matt Prior was run out by Marcus North for 61 with a direct hit on the stumps. Prior had scored his runs from only 42 balls. 260-5.
* Siddle dismissed Kevin Pietersen for 44, caught by Haddin off a thick inside edge. 174-4.
* Ravi Bopara, who had been dropped on 11 by Australia captain Ricky Ponting, was caught at short-leg by Simon Katich for 27 off Nathan Hauritz from 93 balls. 147-3.
* Off-spinner Hauritz dismissed Alastair Cook (32) lbw with his first ball after lunch then had captain Andrew Strauss caught at slip by Michael Clarke, also for 32, in his next over. 74-2.
* Australia, who resumed on 156 for eight in reply to England's 425, batted brightly with Siddle reaching his highest test score of 35 with five boundaries to reach 215. Strauss declined to enforce the follow-on.