England are to fly to Abu Dhabi on Thursday before travelling to India to resume the tour they aborted after last week's terrorist attacks in Mumbai.
"While we have sought to reassure players their safety is paramount we have not pressurised any player into making the trip against their will," Hugh Morris, managing director of England Cricket, said in an England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) statement on Wednesday.
The touring squad returned home early from their one-day series in India and the ECB has spent 72 hours evaluating security issues before deciding whether the players should return for two test matches.
The senior squad, along with nine members of the England Performance Squad, will practice in Abu Dhabi before travelling on to India next week subject to the implementation of security recommendations.
The first test in Chennai is due to start on Dec. 11, having been switched from Ahmedabad, with the second in Mohali instead of the original venue in Mumbai.
Reg Dickason, the ECB's security manager, has been meeting police and cricket authorities in Chennai.
"Based on the discussions held and the clarifications given, BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) expects no problem with the first test being held in Chennai," BCCI secretary N. Srinivasan said in a statement.
The attacks in Mumbai left 183 people dead. Many of the casualties were at the Taj Mahal Hotel where the England team had stayed earlier during the one-day series that was curtailed with two matches to play and India leading 5-0.