Nursing a hamstring injury, Moises Henriques on Wednesday became the latest Australian to return home midway through the India tour and the beleaguered visitors inducted Victorian all-rounder Andrew McDonald and New South Wales fast bowler Burt Cockley to prop up the depleted side.
Cricket Australia said in a press release that Henriques would return home tonight after suffering a hamstring injury during the fourth ODI in Mohali.
In such a situation, the CA National Selection Panel (NSP) announced that McDonald and Cockley would join the squad for the sixth ODI in Guwahati as replacement players for Henriques and Peter Siddle, who returned home early this morning with stiffness in his left side.
"Moises complained of some discomfort after the fourth ODI in Mohali. He had an MRI scan when we arrived in Hyderabad, which showed signs of injury to the right hamstring," Australian physiotherapist Kevin Sims said.
"The medical staff believe the injury will not recover sufficiently for him to participate in the last week of the tour and therefore we have decided he will return to Australia where he will continue his treatment," Sims added.