INDIAN PREMIER League (IPL) chairman and commissioner Lalit Modi said on Thursday that the issues concerning Cricket Australia's apprehension on the whole deal had been dealt with.
Speaking to Hindustan Times, he said, "The impasse has been resolved and the (Australian) players will be available for the auction."
It is learnt that the Australian players will be available to promote the sponsors of their franchisees but will not feature in commercials for the rivals of Cricket Australia's sponsors and will be reimbursed for the resulting loss in income by their franchisees.
However, there won't be any issues regarding the availability of the Indian players. "They will all be there for the auction," Modi said. "They have all agreed to it."
The Indian cricketers available for the IPL auction include all the 33 cricketers contracted to the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
With the tournament spanning some 42 days, it is for sure a prize catch for most players.
But a point that remains unanswered till now is what will happen to players who are not bought by any team.
Meanwhile, infrastructure giant GMR Holdings, which has bought the Delhi team, has hired former cricketer T.A. Sekar and Sunil Valson.
"We have a plan in place and will be going according to that," said Sekar. "Everything will be finalised on February 20 when the auction takes place."