There is a possibility of Indian players' participation in the inaugural edition of the Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL), provided the hosts make such a proposal, said BCCI president N Srinivasan.
The tournament will be held between August 10 and 31 this year at Colombo and Pallekele.
Each of the seven teams will be allowed a maximum of six overseas players in their squads and four in the playing XI.
"Last time around, there were specific reasons why the BCCI could not support the tournament. And we informed the Sri Lankan board at that time.
"This time, if there are any proposals made, we will examine it. And we have to be satisfied that the doubts and problems we had last time will not continue," Srinivasan said.
Last year's event was scheduled to kick off on July 19, with the final to be played on August 6.
But the BCCI withheld its permission to allow Indian players to take part on the grounds that Somerset Entertainment Ventures, which owned the commercial rights, would be handling the contracts for international players and that it could lead to complications, should disputes arise over payments.