The Lahore High Court on Tuesday adjourned the hearing of controversial pacer Shoaib Akhtar's 18-month ban and fine case till Wednesday after listening to arguments of legal counsels of both the parties.
Justice Imtiaz Siddique adjourned the hearing till Wednesday because Akhtar's legal counsel, Abid Minto, had to appear before a bench in connection with another case.
"The matter would be taken up again on Wednesday afternoon after initial arguments made by me and the legal counsel for Shoaib," Tafazzul Rizvi, the legal counsel of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), told PTI.
He also said Akhtar was not present at the court for the hearing of the case, which is being held again after a few months.
Akhtar had filed a writ petition in the Lahore HC challenging the 18-month ban and fine of seven million rupees imposed on him by an appellate tribunal last year.
The controversial fast bowler had been initially banned for five years by the disciplinary committee of the PCB for violation of the players' code of conduct at various occasions.
He had appealed against the ban and the appellate tribunal had reduced it to 18 months, besides the fine. The High Court had later lifted the ban.
There is uncertainty over whether Akhtar would be selected for the one-day series in Sri Lanka starting later this month as the interim chief selector, Wasim Bari, has said the fast bowler's match fitness is in doubt.
Since the High Court suspended the ban, Akhtar has played very few matches. He featured in three Indian Premier League
(IPL) matches last year for the Kolkatta Knight Riders.