PCB to scrutinise Shoaib's criticism of the Board | cricket | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Oct 20, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

PCB to scrutinise Shoaib's criticism of the Board

Shoaib, in his comments, had accused the Board of having double standards while dealing with players and awarding the new central contracts.

cricket Updated: Feb 24, 2008 20:20 IST

Pakistan's temperamental fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar could soon land in trouble for lashing out at the PCB in media as cricket Board's disciplinary committee has obtained video recordings of the comments made by him to take note of its criticism.

Shoaib was issued a show cause notice by the Board for his comments on local television channels but he later responded to the notice by apologising and insisting he was misquoted and out of context.

"His case has been referred to the disciplinary committee which wanted to have a look at the recordings of his comments on local channels," a PCB official said.

Shoaib, in his comments, had accused the Board of having double standards while dealing with players and awarding the new central contracts.

He also slammed the Board for organising B grade competitions in domestic cricket and said since he had not signed a central contract with the Board, they could not serve a show cause notice to him.

However, the Board official said the notice sent to Shoaib was under a clause of the contract the players have with the Board.

The Board has said the recommendations of the disciplinary committee would be discussed and decided upon by the governing body which meets on March 8 in Islamabad.

The PCB official said Shoaib's appearance in the IPL depended on the decision by the governing body's decision.

"He is already under a one year probation for bad behaviour and the scenario is very rosy for him unless the disciplinary committee takes a lenient view of his latest in discretions," the official said.

All players require NOCs from their home Boards to play in the IPL.

Shoaib, who is presently in India after signing an Indian Premier League contract, might face a ban for breach of the players' code of conduct.

Sources say he is also negotiating some film offers with the help of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who has bought the fast bowler for his IPL Kolkata team.

The temperamental fast bowler has already served a 13-match ban and paid a fine of 3.4 million rupees last year for having a brawl with teammate Mohammad Asif on the South African tour.