Quiz 5: HOWZZTHIZ?
Which venue became the first new Test match ground in England after 100 years to host a Test b/w England and Zimbabwe in 2002?cricket Updated: Mar 11, 2007 15:47 IST
1. During the fourth day of the first Test between India and New Zealand at Bangalore in 1988, five Kiwi players were down with a stomach bug. Which two players then acted as substitute fielders for New Zealand?
2. Which venue became the first new Test match ground in England since 1902 when it hosted a Test match between England and Zimbabwe in 2002?
3. How many cricketers have scored four consecutive one-day hundreds?
4. Who was the last white man to play Test cricket for the West Indies?
5. Which West Indian cricketing legend was born with two extra fingers, one on each hand, which were removed shortly after birth?
Click here to know the answers >>>
1. Former New Zealand captain Jeremy Coney and journalist Ken Nicholson. They were commentators for a New Zealand sports channel when this unlikely situation developed and they fielded for the rest of the day.
3. None. Herschelle Gibbs has come close, though, scoring three consecutive tons in the 2002-03 season. In the fourth match against Bangladesh, he was on 97 when South Africa needed four to win. Alok Kapali bowled a wide, which went for four.
4. Geoff Greenidge. He made his Test match debut against New Zealand at Georgetown and played four more times for WI.
5. Sir Garfield Sobers. The great all-rounder went on to score 8032 runs in 93 Test matches and took 235 wickets as well.