In October 2009, BCCI barred Rajasthan from the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy Central Zone Twenty20 league at Indore after its warring factions fielded two separate teams.
Two seasons later, it's going to be the domestic season opener Irani Cup between Ranji Trophy champions and hosts Rajasthan and the Rest of India, starting on October 1, that could be hit. The two factions in the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) have announced their own list of probables, for the Irani Cup as well as the coming Ranji Trophy season.
Since last week, hectic activities are on to 'overpower' each other's claims. The players could suffer if the cricket board slaps a ban on the team.
"I am open for a compromise, it should be a two-way settlement," RCA secretary Sanjay Dixit told HT on Sunday. "As per the equations, I am in minority, but it's not going to be one-way at all," he added.
Rajasthan are the first team to win the Ranji Trophy after qualifying from the Plate Group.
The other group is led by RCA president CP Joshi, who is a union cabinet minister.
"We've nothing to do what Dixit and Co has done about the probables but we are sure of a way out of this problem soon," one of the vice-presidents said on condition of anonymity.
Most names in the two lists are common. There are 36 probables in the list of the Joshi faction while the Dixit group's list contains 45 names.
The tussle between the two top officials resumed in the last week of July when Joshi suspended Dixit, who termed the move illegal.
On August 23, Dixit got a court ruling in his favour. That triggered a new tussle over the RCA office as the rival faction locked it.