India's Test captain Anil Kumble on Saturday accused the media of creating the "senior-junior" controversy and said the team was committed to work for success in both forms of the game.
"I think senior-junior (controversy) is not with the team members... It is the media that has made it out to be. I don't know why they talk of cricket players like this," he told at a press conference ahead of the first Test against South Africa starting here on March 26.
He said the players had been playing good cricket and performed exceptionally well in the last one year.
"I can assure you that there is no question of junior-senior. It is all about ensuring that we play to our potential, be committed to our roles and work for the success of the team. That is what is happening in both formats of the game," Kumble said.