Suspended Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal on Tuesday said that he was ready to fight his way back and represent the country in next year's ICC World Cup.
"It is disappointing to learn the result of the biomechanic test in Brisbane but I have not given up. I don't see the ban as a major problem as I know I can work out on the flaws and make a comeback," Ajmal said from Faisalabad.
Ajmal, who has been Pakistan's leading bowler in the last three years with 178 wickets in 35 tests and 183 wickets in 111 ODIs said, he would soon meet PCB officials to decide on the next course of action.
"Obviously, I have to follow their advice but from what I know is that once we get the full medical report, we have a right of appeal and to challenge these findings," he said.
Read: Saeed Ajmal's bowling action found illegal, suspended
Ajmal, who was reported by match officials after the first Test against Sri Lanka in Galle last month, has also been reported once before in 2009 but was cleared by the ICC after bio-mechanic tests in Perth. But since June the ICC has initiated a crackdown on bowlers with action problems under its new protocol.
The International Cricket Council on Tuesday confirmed that an independent analysis has deemed the bowling action of Ajmal illegal and, as such, the player has been suspended from bowling in international cricket with immediate effect.
The analysis revealed that all his deliveries exceeded the 15 degrees level of tolerance permitted under the regulations.
Ajmal, however, said his dream to play in the World Cup is still not over.
"I want to play in the World Cup and see my country doing well and I will do whatever it takes to be ready for the tournament. I am a fighter and I know what I have to do to get back into international cricket before the World Cup," he added.
He said he would also advice and expert opinion from former bowling greats to correct his action if required.
Saeed, who was reported after the first Test match against Sri Lanka in Galle last month, can apply a re-assessment after he has modified his bowling action in accordance with clause 2.4 of the Regulations for the Review of Bowlers Reported with Suspected Illegal Bowling Actions.
The analysis was performed on 25 August by the ICC’s accredited team of Human Movement Specialists using the National Cricket Centre in Brisbane.