Yousuf blames PCB, BCCI for missing IPL auction
"I am disappointed I was not part of the bidding process but I was assured that the boards would take care of everything. So I left it upto them to handle this issue.cricket Updated: Feb 23, 2008 18:58 IST
Senior Pakistan batsman Mohammad Yousuf is "disappointed" at not being part of the Indian Premier League players' auction and holds the PCB and BCCI responsible for missing out on a lucrative deal.
"I am disappointed I was not part of the bidding process but I was assured that the boards would take care of everything. So I left it upto them to handle this issue.
"I just want this matter to be settled quickly and get on with my life," Yousuf said.
Yousuf was prevented from taking part in the bidding process by a restraining order obtained by the rebel Indian Cricket League from an arbitration panel headed by a retired judge of the Indian Supreme Court.
The ICL claims Yousuf breached a contract with them.
Yousuf, who reportedly got a signing amount from ICL before he was convinced by the PCB to back out of the contract, said the PCB and BCCI had assured that there would be no problems in playing for the IPL.
"Both the boards told me they will take care of my case if the ICL raises any objection. I am waiting to see what happens. I was under the impression that the restraining order had been removed at the last hearing by the arbitration panel," the veteran batsman said.
The ICL lawyers also sent an official notice to the IPL and the owners of the franchised teams outlining that there was a restraining order against Yousuf and he could not take part in the bidding process until the matter was settled.
Reports said Yousuf had already been paid a handsome signing amount in advance by the BCCI-backed IPL.