Zaheer pulls out of SA Test series | cricket | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 19, 2017-Saturday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Zaheer pulls out of SA Test series

Zaheer Khan has ruled himself out of the three-test series as he feels he is not ready for Int'l cricket, reports G Krishnan.

cricket Updated: Mar 13, 2008 01:54 IST
G Krishnan

Zaheer Khan has ruled himself out of the three-Test series against South Africa starting March 26. "I still feel I am not ready for international cricket. I have just started bowling a week back and have been advised by doctors not to push myself too much," said the left-arm seamer here on Wednesday.

"I definitely want to play a few domestic matches before being ready. I want to be 120% fit and not just 100 percent," he said. The 29-year-old aggravated an ankle injury after the first Test on the recent tour of Australia and consulted a Johannesburg-based doctor on his rehabilitation.

Zaheer hoped to be fit in time for the Indian Premier League beginning on April 18, in which he has been contracted to play for Bangalore Royal Challengers.

The Indian Test squad is to be chosen on March 17 here. "One of the main reasons I am not ready for Tests is you have to bowl a minimum of 35 overs over five days," Zaheer said. "If I can play a few one-day matches or some club game, it will be good for me to judge where I stand. The progress is good so far, but I don't want to come to any conclusion now. I want to see how I pull up.”