Ambedkar University admissions from May 2 | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
May 29, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Ambedkar University admissions from May 2

The process is online and forms are available at

delhi Updated: Apr 25, 2016 21:25 IST
HT Correspondent
Ambedkar University

There are 245 seats in seven courses in Ambedkar University. Admissions to DU will also start soon.(Chinmaya Sharma/ Hindustan Times)

Admissions to seven undergraduate courses at Ambedkar University (AUD) will begin on May 2. The process is online and forms are available at:

The seven courses offered at the AUD are: Bachelor of Arts (Hons) with major in economics, history, mathematics, psychology, sociology and social sciences and humanities and BA (Hons) dual major.

There are a total of 245 seats in the seven courses. Admission to the programmes is based on marks obtained in the Class 12 examination. However, for certain courses there are additional eligibility criteria.

To be eligible for admission to mathematics course, students must have to score a minimum of 65% marks in the subject. Similarly for BA (Hons) in mathematics and economics, it is mandatory to include the marks in mathematics to calculate the percentage for the top four subjects.

For BA (Hons) in English, students have to score a minimum of 65% marks in the subject in the board examination.

Admissions to postgraduate courses have already begun from Friday, April 22.

Also read: Entrance test for DU’s MPhil, PhD likely in seven cities

There area a total of 538 seats in the nine postgraduate programmes. For MA courses, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent grade. There is a relaxation of 5% for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and those suffering from physical disabilities.

Candidates for the postgraduate courses are selected on the basis of their performance in the admission test and interview conducted in July.

Some of the courses are: masters in education, social entrepreneurship, visual art, literary art, film studies, performance studies and diploma in early childhood care and education and MDes in social design.

The last day to apply for PG courses is June 20.

Being a state university, the AUD reserves 85% seats for students of NCT Delhi. The remaining 15% seats are for students from outside Delhi.