A Delhi court on Tuesday ordered framing of charges against Wasim Akram Malik, prime accused in the 2011 Delhi high court blast.
A total of 15 people were killed and 79 others were injured in the September 7 blast last year.
Saying that there was "sufficient evidence" to frame charges of criminal conspiracy, murder, attempt to murder, grievous hurt, mischief cause by fire or explosive substance and
others against Malik, district judge HS Sharma fixed September 18 for formal framing of charges when the court would ask the accused if he would like to plead guilty.
A bomb went off at Gate number 5 of the Delhi high court, killing 15 people and injuring 79 others.
Apart from Malik, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) had charge-sheeted 5 others.
Accused Amir Abbas Dev, arrested by the NIA, had later turned approver.
Three others - Amir Kamal, Junaid Akram Malik and Shakir Hussain Seikh alias Chota Hafiz - are suspected members of banned terror outfit Hizb-ul Mujahideen and evading arrest. The sixth accused, a minor, is being adjudicated separately.
The special court trying NIA cases rejected the agency's contention to make out offences under Sections 121-A, 122 and 123 of the IPC (waging a war against government of India) saying, "It cannot be said that the act had been committed to 'wage a war' against the government of India."
Taking a prima facie view, the court, which is holding in-camera proceedings in the case, said there was sufficient evidence for framing of charges for various offences under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act and the Explosive Substance Act against Malik.
The terror attack at the Delhi high court was plotted with an aim to get the death sentence of Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru commuted to life term, the NIA had alleged.