With huge amount of rubble still strewn across Delhi even as the deadline set by her for their removal expires on Tuesday, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said all construction waste will be cleared from the project sites soon.
She claimed that a large amount of debris has already been removed.
"Debris has been removed to a very large extent. There is debris here and there..When you build a road or a house or a building, debris is bound to be there," she said when asked whether removal of the waste and rubble will be completed by today.
The chief minister said all construction waste will be cleared from the project sites soon.
Explaing the delay in removal of debris, she said there are "agencies which are not under the Delhi Government and which are undertaking various construction activities."
Blaming the media for not portraying a real picture of the preparations, she said all the key projects, undertaken by the city government, will be completed on time.
"Please give a real picture (of the preparations)," she said.
Last month, Dikshit had set August 10 as deadline for removing all construction waste across the city and ordered all civic agencies to strictly comply with the time-frame.
Chief Secretary Rakesh Mehta had yesterday said that removal of debris will not be completed in areas where street-scaping works are going on.
"We have already removed 80,000 metric tons of debris. More or less removal of construction waste will be completed by the deadline," he said.
Mehta had said removal of debris will not be completed in NDMC areas as DMRC has been allowed to carry out digging till August 15 for their works.