Over a month after the draw of lot to the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) Housing Scheme 2008 which got mired in controversy, the agency has come across just two cases of irregularities by successful allottees under the reserved categories. The agency has initiated the process of cancelling these two allotments.
The authority started the process of physical verification of all the 5,238 successful allottees from January 1.
“So far we have completed the verification of 1,100 allottees under the reserved category. We have not touched the general category allottees till now. We are still verifying allotments under the reserved category (Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe),” said a senior DDA official who did not wish to be named.
However, the Delhi Police, which is already investigating the case, has already come across at least 50 cases where there were alleged irregularities in allotment of flats under the reserved category.
A DDA official said, “So far we have come across two cases where wrong information has been provided by the allottee in the reserved category.”
It’s only after physical verification of all the 5,238 successful allottees that possession letters will be handed over to them. The DDA had conducted the draw of lot on December 16.
In the last DDA housing scheme, launched in 2006, the agency came across 350 successful allottees who had submitted forged documents. “Their allotments were cancelled, registration money forfeited and cases lodged against them,” said the official.
DDA spokesperson Neemo Dhar said, “We always verify documents submitted by the applicants before handing over the allotment letter. If any discrepancy is found we will cancel the allotment and forfeit the registration money.”