If all goes well, the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) may start the process of allotting flats to successful allottees of the controversial 2008 housing scheme by November-end.
The draw of lots to 5,238 flats was held last December.
In January, the Union Urban Development Ministry froze the allotments after allegations of irregularities in the reserved category cropped up. A cartel of builders had allegedly forged documents and availed of loans from banks to get flats under the reserved category.
Union Urban Development Ministry (UDM) sources said the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) — where the software report of the draw has been sent for investigation — is expected to submit its report by October end.
Sources said C-DOT has not found anything substantial in its investigation.
“Once C-DOT submits its report and we get a green signal from the UD Ministry, we will start the allotment process,” said a DDA official who did not want to be quoted.
Recently, a team of IT Department officials from DDA was summoned to the C-DOT office in Thriruvananthapuram to explain the functioning of the software.
C-DOT has already missed its deadline once.
On August 10, Delhi Lieutenant Governor Tejendra Khanna had directed the C-DOT to submit its report by September 21.
Recently, even the Delhi Police chief wrote to the Ministry of Information Technology (IT) to expedite their investigations into the software.
The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police had sent the software report of the draw to C-DOT for a second opinion.
The Government Examiner on Questionable Documents (GEQD), Hyderabad, had already examined the software once and sent its report to the EOW.
Authority sources said GEQD could not find any evidence to establish that the draw was rigged.
The report said that there was only a fraud in the sale of application forms in the reserved category through which a cartel of builders managed to corner about 40 flats or so.