A red motorcycle was found abandoned in south Delhi on Wednesday as investigators struggled to make a breakthrough in Monday's bomb attack on an Israeli embassy car near the Prime Minister's residence.
The motorcycle, bearing the same colour as the one used to stick the magnetic bomb on the Israeli diplomat's Toyota Innova, was lying abandoned near a park in Lado Sarai.
Investigations revealed that the motorcycle have been sold three times and the last owner was traced to Gurgaon and is being questioned to ascertain whether he had links with the attack, police said.
Another red motorcycle was found without any claimant in the busy Connaught Place in New Delhi district. Police later said it was a stolen vehicle.
Investigators were also instructed to lift finger prints from abandoned red colour motorcycles in the capital.
Preliminary forensic examination of the blast material showed traces of potassium chlorate and nitrate and the explosives were estimated to weigh around 250-300 grams.
Israeli ambassador Alon Usphiz met external affairs minister SM Krishna and discussed the incident, including the progress in the investigations so far.
The Israeli Mission in New Delhi has sought more protection and the government assured them all possible assistance and security, official sources said.
Usphiz also informed Krishna that his country wants to send a team including forensic experts and others, to which the minister said India would welcome them.
As Israel accused Iran for the attack, India chose to be cautious, saying it has no evidence about any individual, entity, organisation and country involved in the incident.
"As of today, we have no evidence to find any individual, entity, organisation and country being involved in this incident (car blast)," external affairs ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said.
An Israeli mission car carrying Administrative Attache Tal Yehoshua-Koren (40), wife of a Israeli Defence Attache, was injured on February 13 when terrorists stuck a magnetic bomb to her car in high-security Aurangzeb road, barely 500 metres from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's residence. Her driver and two others also suffered injuries.
On its part, Iran refused to "accept" or "deny" its role in the bomb attack but questioned the basis of Israel's allegations, saying it should be left to India to verify the real position.
"We are not accepting or denying this. I don't know how can we assume within short moment who has done this," Iranian Ambassador to India Mehdi Nabizadeh told reporters here.
"It (incident) has happened in India. If Indian security said something like that (then) we have to verify.... This is false and they (Israel) always keep feeding such a thing," the ambassador said.
Asked about India's reaction to the allegations, Nabizadeh hoped New Delhi will come out with a "final reaction" after verifying the case.
Security agencies have approached authorities in Thailand and Georgia for inputs on similar strikes in those countries in the past few days.
Official sources said the Indian agencies have contacted their counterparts in the two countries through diplomatic channels to get information related to the strikes in Tbilisi on Monday and Bangkok on Tuesday.
The three terror attacks were carried out in short intervals and Israel has blamed Iranian forces for these.
Investigators are looking for clues from a similar attack on an Iranian nuclear scientist Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan and his bodyguard in Tehran on January 12. Both had died in the attack.
A nine-member Israeli team inspected the cars which were damaged in the sticky bomb explosion. The team visited the Special Cell office in south Delhi's Lodhi Colony this afternoon and examined the damaged vehicles.
CCTV footages scanned so far have not provided any help in tracking down the vehicle and the person riding it.
Police have also started the process of collecting details of Iranians living in the capital.
Meanwhile, the NSG has alerted all its commando squads guarding VVIPs and will soon bring out new security drills following Monday's attack.
"We have already alerted our people (guarding VVIPs) that this is what has most likely happened and immediate action we have taken...but this is not enough. We have to really study it (the February 13 incident) and make a standard operating procedure so that everybody acts in a uniform way (during such an attack)," NSG director general RK Medhekar said in Manesar.