Delhi govt rejects Shunglu charges | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Oct 18, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Delhi govt rejects Shunglu charges

The Delhi Government today in its final report rejected all allegations made by the Shunglu Committee of bunglings in the Commonwealth Games projects.

delhi Updated: May 25, 2011 19:23 IST

The Delhi Government today in its final report rejected all allegations made by the Shunglu Committee of bunglings in the Commonwealth Games projects.

Directed by the Home Ministry to make its submission within stipulated time on the allegations by the Shunglu committee, Delhi Cabinet today approved its final response, rejecting point-by-point the charges of the PM-appointed panel.

The over 1,000 page report, prepared by a three-member committee of top officials, gives paragraph-wise response of the observation made by the Shunglu panel while trashing all its findings, arguing that they were based on "presumptions" and "assumptions".

"The Cabinet has approved the report prepared by the three-member committee. We are giving paragraph-wise response to the Shunglu Committee's findings.

It will be sent to the Home Ministry in the next two-three days," Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said after the Cabinet meeting.

The Home Ministry late last month had sent the report of the Shunglu Committee to Delhi Government, asking it to file a detailed response to the findings within a month. Asked about allegations made against her by the panel, she refused to give a direct reply but said, "It is a reply by the government and I belong to government." Officials said the Government has rejected the whole report as it is based on "presumptions" and "assumptions" without verification of the facts.

Dikshit said the response from MCD and NDMC against whom the Shunglu panel had also levelled allegations will be sent along with the government's response to the Home Ministry.