Fire at Delhi Metro station | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 22, 2017-Saturday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Fire at Delhi Metro station

A fire broke out at the Uttam Nagar Delhi Metro station in New Delhi on Tuesday morning, apparently due to an electrical short circuit, authorities said. No one was injured.

delhi Updated: May 18, 2010 12:17 IST

A fire broke out at the Uttam Nagar Delhi Metro station in New Delhi on Tuesday morning, apparently due to an electrical short circuit, authorities said. No one was injured.

The Delhi Fire Service said the fire was reported at 10.10 am. It broke out in an air conditioner at the control room.

Two fire tenders battled the flames. A police officer said electrical short-circuit seems to be the probable cause of the fire.

The Delhi Metro Rail Corp said the incident did not affect passenger and rail traffic at the station.