Fire at Shastri Bhawan due to short circuit | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 25, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Fire at Shastri Bhawan due to short circuit

On Saturday morning, a major fire broke out at Shastri Bhawan building, which is located on Parliament Street in New Delhi. The reason behind the fire is being attributed to a short circuit in the electric wiring of the building.

delhi Updated: Jan 08, 2012 00:20 IST
HT Correspondent

On Saturday morning, a major fire broke out at Shastri Bhawan building, which is located on Parliament Street in New Delhi. The reason behind the fire is being attributed to a short circuit in the electric wiring of the building.

The blaze broke out on the second floor of the building which houses the offices of the agriculture department of the government.

Six fire-tenders were pressed into action by the Delhi Fire Service. However, it took the fire personnel took over an hour to douse the blaze.

Though no casualty was reported in the incident, sources say the fire has damaged a number of important documents lying in the office rather badly.

According to a fire officer, the matter came to their notice around 9.10am. Asked about the reason behind the fire, the fire officer said, “Prima facie it looks like there was a short circuit in the electric wiring of the building.”