A fire broke out on Sunday at the CRPF headquarters in the CGO complex here which destroyed a few computers and other peripherals, but no one was injured.
The fire was reported around 6.45am from the ground floor of the four-storey building and five fire tenders were rushed to control the blaze.
The fire, which was reportedly triggered by a short circuit in electrical fittings, had been contained, a senior CRPF official said.
Fire officials said the blaze engulfed the public relations section of the force and some books, documents and other material had been destroyed.
“Three-four computers, a fax machine and a table fan have been completely burnt in the fire. The fire was controlled in some time,” the official said.
There were no casualities, he said.
Senior officials of the paramilitary also reached the spot.