Fire in CGO complex, no casualty
A minor fire broke out on the seventh floor of the CGO complex on Lodhi Road in New Delhi on Sunday morning.delhi Updated: Apr 20, 2008 15:20 IST
A minor fire broke out on the seventh floor of the CGO complex on Lodhi Road in New Delhi on Sunday morning.
However, there was no casualty in the fire.
At least eight fire tenders and six fire units were deployed to put out the blaze in the multi-storey complex housing various central government offices, said fire service officials.
"The blaze was controlled in about 20 minutes' time," said a Delhi Fire Service (DFS) official.
The official said the fire may have been caused by a short-circuit in an air conditioner on the seventh floor of the building.
The fire was detected in the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) office in Block number 12 at about 11 am.