Four members of a family, including two children, were injured when portions of their first-floor house collapsed following a gas cylinder explosion in northeast Delhi’s Nand Nagri on Sunday morning.
Three fire tenders that were pressed into service took one-and-a-half hours to control the blaze.
The injured were identified as Sobha Ram, his wife Asha, and their children Kunal and Komal. They have been admitted to the Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, police said.
A police officer said the fire began after a cylinder burst inside the house. “The gas cylinder was leaking when a family member lit a matchstick. This led to an explosion after which portions of the house collapsed,” the officer said.