India yet to get info from Saudi Arabia on Fasih's whereabouts
India is yet to receive any information from Saudi Arabia about terror accused Fasih Mohammed who is alleged to be missing from his home in the Gulf since last month.delhi Updated: Jun 27, 2012 23:18 IST
India is yet to receive any information from Saudi Arabia about terror accused Fasih Mohammed who is alleged to be missing from his home in the Gulf since last month.
The accused, Fasih Mohammed, an engineer hailing from Bihar, against whom an Interpol Red Corner notice has been issued, had been missing and his wife Nikhat Parveen had approached the Supreme Court claiming Fasih was in the custody of central security agencies.
Official sources said Saudi Arabian government had been approached to ascertain the whereabouts of the 28-year-old engineer but there was no word from Riyadh.
Parveen moved the Supreme Court alleging her husband was picked up by a joint team of Indian and Saudi officials on May 13 for his alleged terror links.
However, the Centre had told the Supreme Court that Fasih was neither in India nor in the custody of any police here and the Ministry of External Affairs has been pursuing the case about him with their counterparts in Saudi Arabia.
The sources said there was no link between Fasih and alleged LeT member Syed Zabiuddin, alias Abu Jundal, who was recently brought from India.
Interpol had issued a Red Corner notice against Fasih on a request from CBI for offences of terrorism and crimes involving use of weapons and explosives.
Fasih is alleged to have played a role in the conspiracy behind the Chinnaswamy Stadium blasts in Bangalore on April 17, 2010.
They said that according to the terrorists of banned outfit Indian Mujahideen arrested during last nine months, he had allegedly played a role in the September 2010 Jamia Masjid blasts.