Mystery shrouds MBA student’s death | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
May 30, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Mystery shrouds MBA student’s death

A 23-year-old MBA student died in suspicious circumstances in Leisure Valley Park on Saturday afternoon after she reportedly consumed “something poisonous”.

delhi Updated: Mar 30, 2009 00:39 IST
HT Correspondent

A 23-year-old MBA student died in suspicious circumstances in Leisure Valley Park on Saturday afternoon after she reportedly consumed “something poisonous”. Gurgaon police said the girl had ‘accidentally’ consumed some poisonous stuff and was rushed to a private hospital where she died.

Police officials ruled out the possibility of the girl committing suicide. The relatives of the deceased refrained from commenting on the reasons of her death.

According to Gajender Singh, the investigating officer, DLF City police station, Sector 29, the deceased, Ashu Dhandhi, a resident of Lajpat Nagar (Gurgaon), had left her home telling her mother she was going to see a movie with friends.

A first year student, she was pursuing her MBA through distance learning from a Haryana University. Her younger brother is a BBA student at a private college in Sector 56.

“It was about 2.30 pm that one of our beat constables spotted a girl repeatedly vomiting in Leisure Valley Park in Sector 29. He rushed the girl to the nearby hospital where she died after a little while. The constable had asked the girl about the reason of vomiting before rushing her to the hospital and she had replied that she had consumed something poisonous by mistake. We cannot term it a suicide,” Singh said adding that no suicide note was found from her possession.