Nepali worker electrocuted at trade fair | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 20, 2017-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Nepali worker electrocuted at trade fair

A 35-year-old man was electrocuted at the India International Trade Fair on Thursday. HT reports.

delhi Updated: Nov 25, 2011 23:27 IST

A 35-year-old man was electrocuted at the India International Trade Fair on Thursday.

The incident took place at 11am on Thursday when Hemraj, a worker at Paamna restaurant, touched an open wire while preparing food.

Hemraj, a resident of Nepal, had come to to earn a living and had joined Paamna restaurant just before the trade fair opened, the police said.

"He was immediately rushed to RML hospital after the incident where he was declared brought dead by the doctors. He died of electric shock," the officer added.

The restaurant is owned by one Gopal and the police have registered a case of negligence against him.

"A case has been registered against the owner but no arrest has been made till now," the officer said.Hemraj's family has been informed and his brother-in-law has come to Delhi to claim the body, the police said.