Nithari victim’s father says CBI misled him, Pandher also involved
Autorickshaw driver Durga Prasad, whose seven-year-old daughter Aarti was one of the victims of the Nithari rape and murders, plans to urge the court hearing the case to direct to charge Moninder Singh Pandher for the crime, reports Abhishek Sharan.delhi Updated: Mar 01, 2009 00:04 IST
Autorickshaw driver Durga Prasad, whose seven-year-old daughter Aarti was one of the victims of the Nithari rape and murders, plans to urge the court hearing the case to direct to charge Moninder Singh Pandher for the crime.
Aarti was allegedly sexually-assaulted, murdered and cannibalised in Nithari around three years ago by Surendra Koli, the domestic help at Pandher’s D-5 house.
Prasad’s move would alter the focus of his earlier statement in the case recorded last year before the designated CBI court located in Ghaziabad, in which he had indicated that Koli was solely responsible for Aarti's murder.
According to the CBI chargesheet — it is probing the 19 murders of children and young women and has submitted 16 chargesheets till now — in the Aarti murder case, Koli attempted to rape, strangulate and then cannibalise Aarti around noon on September 9, 2006.
The chargesheet mentioned that Pandher was away when Aarti was assaulted and killed by Koli.
Prasad told HT, “I want to get justice for my little daughter who was targeted and killed by Koli and sure Moninder Singh Pandher was an accomplice in his servant’s acts.”
“The CBI had misled me by saying Pandher was not at his bungalow when it happened. Some people even offered me money for only naming Koli, but I want to get him chargesheeted now and see him hanged.”
Prasad, who earlier had an amicus curiae to represent him in the case, has now hired Supreme Court lawyer Pravin Rai. “After closely analysing the case’s chargesheet, we might request the court on March 4 to summon Pandher in the case though he is not chargesheeted,” he said.
He added, “It seems improbable that he did not know that Koli was doing these crimes; there were so many indicators at his bungalow including the corpses rotting around.”
In his earlier statement to the court, which Prasad now seeks to change, he had said, “On January 1, 2007, Surendra Koli, who was with Moninder Singh Pandher, told the policemen that he can recover the knife used by him to dismember his victims’ bodies.”
His statement, of which HT has a copy, read further, “Koli dug out the knife from a spot near an electric pole, by a water tank, located in the back portion of the bungalow (D 5).”