Nursery norms today, no change from last year
The Delhi Directorate of Education (DOE) is set to declare its nursery admission guidelines on Thursday after the Delhi High Court today refused to urgently hear a public interest litigation that challenged the points system followed by schools. Mallica Joshi reports.delhi Updated: Dec 13, 2012 02:03 IST
The Delhi Directorate of Education (DOE) is set to declare its nursery admission guidelines on Thursday after the Delhi High Court on Wednesday refused to urgently hear a public interest litigation that challenged the points system followed by schools.
In absence of any direction from the high court, the admission guidelines will remain almost same as last year with a few changes in the schedule. The matter will come up for hearing in the court on January 23.
"We were ready with the guidelines but wanted to wait for the court's guidelines. Since we cannot wait till the end of January to kick-start the process, we will release the guidelines on Thursday. The basic guidelines will remain the same and only a few changes have been made in the schedule," said Amit Singla, director education.
Last year, 25% of all seats were reserved for students from the economically weaker sections. Out of the remaining 75%, a maximum of 20% could be reserved for the management quota.
Children above the age of 3+ can be admitted in nursery.
As it was last year, schools will be free to decide the criteria on which they will admit students. But all schools will have to follow the Right to Education Act guidelines.