Police told to give call detail records to blast accused | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
May 29, 2017-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Police told to give call detail records to blast accused

A court today directed Delhi Police to provide a copy of call detail records of their mobile phones to counsel of suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists accused of triggering serial blasts in the national capital in 2008.

delhi Updated: Jul 30, 2010 19:59 IST

A court on Friday directed Delhi Police to provide a copy of call detail records (CDR) of their mobile phones to counsel of suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) terrorists accused of triggering serial blasts in the national capital in 2008.

Additional Sessions Judge Santosh Snehi Mann asked the Special Cell of the Delhi police which investigated the cases in connection with the synchronised explosions to hand over copy of the CDR to the counsel of the accused by August five.

M S Khan, counsel for the accused who was to start advancing of arguments to oppose Delhi police plea to frame charges against the suspected IM men, pointed out to the court that the police had failed to provide them the copy of the records running into 1074 pages.

Public Prosecutor Rajeev Mohan agreed to provide the copy and also cited that there had already been an order passed by the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate in this regard on November 12, last year.

Meanwhile, the Special Cell provided to Mayur Suresh, the counsel, a copy of the compact disc purported to be containing video footage of accused Mohd Shakeel entering Jhandewalan metro station and exiting from Indraprastha after allegedly carrying out the blast at Karol Bagh in an auto-rickshaw on September 13, 2008.

The court is hearing arguments on the charges to be framed against 14 accused arrested so far in the five cases registered in connection with the serial blasts here which claimed 26 lives and left 135 others injured.

Delhi police had already concluded its part of the arguments in the matter.

The proceedings were conducted through video conferencing as 11 out of 14 accused are lodged at Sabarmati Jail in Ahmedabad in connection with serial blasts in that city.

Three accused Mohd Hakim, Sahzad and Salman are at present lodged at Tihar jail.

All the accused have been chargesheeted under various provisions of the IPC, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the Explosive Substances Act.