Rathi death: Forensic experts, docs visit her parents' Dwarka house
A team of doctors from Deen Dayal Hospital on Thursday visited the house of Akanksha Rathi's parents in Dwarka where she died, allegedly due to overdose of anti-depression pills 10 days ago. HT reports.delhi Updated: Nov 02, 2012 00:40 IST
A team of doctors from Deen Dayal Hospital on Thursday visited the house of Akanksha Rathi's parents in Dwarka where she died, allegedly due to overdose of anti-depression pills 10 days ago.
A forensic team also visited the house in the afternoon and recreated the sequence of events that led to 32-year-old Indore-based industrialist's death.
The police as well as the family members of Akanksha are waiting for the autopsy report to ascertain the exact cause of her death. Her family members said they would proceed in the case only after they get the autopsy report.
Sources in Akanksha's family said the doctors visited the house and collected some samples of medicines that Akanksha was taking for the past several months.
Akanksha was undergoing treatment for depression at a private hospital in Delhi. She was on heavy anti-depressants and this fact had baffled the doctors.
"They might be having some problems in compiling the post-mortem report, that's why they visited the deceased's house. It is a matter of investigation. Sometimes it takes time to prepare the post-mortem report, especially in suicide cases," DDU Hospital Medical Superintendent Promila Gupta said, adding the report may be ready by Friday.
The doctors' team, who conducted the post-mortem examination on Akanksha's body, will examine the medicines because they have not been able to ascertain the cause of her death.
"I was not at home when the team of doctors visited our house in the morning. They collected some samples of medicines that my daughter was taking for examination. The forensic team recreated the sequence of events that led to her death," said Akanksha's mother, Anita Singh.
Preliminary investigations by police indicated Rathi committed suicide by taking an overdose of anti-depression pills before allegedly strangulating herself with a chunni that was found tied around her neck.