Rush hour begins, nursery forms on sale from today
The parents are gearing up to get their tots admitted to the schools of their choice with the sale of nursery admission forms beginning on Tuesday. From getting the required documents ready, browsing through the websites or reading books on nursery admission, moms and dads are hanging on to every little advice or suggestion coming their way, reports Joyeeta Ghosh.delhi Updated: Dec 15, 2009 02:41 IST
The parents are gearing up to get their tots admitted to the schools of their choice with the sale of nursery admission forms beginning on Tuesday. From getting the required documents ready, browsing through the websites or reading books on nursery admission, moms and dads are hanging on to every little advice or suggestion coming their way.
But the last-minute jitters remain. “I have gathered all the required documents and am planning to collect the forms one day one itself. Inspite of all this I am still tensed,” said Poonam Rathod, who has to get her daughter admitted.
With most school sticking to the Directorate of Education (DoE) regulations, most parents are heaving a sigh of relief. “The fixed schedule is very helpful since we can plan out which schools to visit which day. Also the declaration of result by the schools by February 1, will help us to gauge where we stand,” Kyati Mahendra, a parent.
Rupi Chawla, who got her daughter admitted to nursery last year agreed. “The fixed schedule is a boon for parents. With fixed dates there is no sense of uncertainity now. Last year I stood in line for forms since 5.30 am fearing I would miss out on the schoolsI wanted to apply for.”
Sumit Vohra, a parent and founder of admissionsnursery.com has few tips for parents. “Don’t aim for only schools with big names. Try to make a list of schools in terms of good teacher-student ratio, transport facility and proximity. Also try to fill up forms for schools selling forms for a short period.”
* Make a list of schools you want to target.
* Get your documents in place and multiple copies of them.
* Discuss with other members and last year applicants on the website about any queries or feedback about any school.
* Online forms - Take out a printout and fill it offline first. You are allowed to submit once only so don't make a mistake.
* Offline forms - Make copies of the form and fill them out first. Once you are satisfied then fill the original form you bought from the school and make no mistakes.
* Original birth certificate issued by Municipal Corporation or equivalent authority with name of the child printed on it
* Proof of residential address (photo identification proof /passport/lease deed/latest paid electricity bill/MTNL bill and a court registered rental lease deed at least 6 months old). Different schools ask for different residential proofs
* Baptism certificate and a letter from the priest (for Catholics only)
*Affidavit in case of Single parents
* Proof/Certificates of Track record of parents, in case it is mentioned by the school or points are being given for that
* In case of sibling applicants, the school identity card of sibling studying in the school is required
* In case of applicants with special needs — certificate of disability issued by the competent authority
* Affidavits for inter-community/intercaste marriage (some schools give points for this)
* For transfer cases — proof of transfer to Delhi certificate is required
* Passport size photographs of the child as well as the parents
* Immunization chart of the child, medical certificate
* Parents educational qualification proof
* Alumni cases will require proof of alumni
* EWS – Economically weaker section category – income certificate issued by the SDM of the area or any other revenue officer not below the rank of the tehsildar/food and supplies officer, department of Delhi and letter from the parents of the candidate stating the parental income
Aadharshila Vidyapeeth, Pitam Pura - Dec 15 to Jan 15 2010
Ahlcon International School, Mayur Vihar - 15 Dec to 31st Dec
Amity International School, Saket - 15 Dec to 26th Dec
Apeejay School, Pitam Pura - 15 Dec to 22nd Dec
The Banyan Tree School, Lodhi Road - 15 to 31st Dec
D.A.V, Model Town - 15 Dec to 31st Dec
Delhi Public School, R K Puram - 15 Dec 09 to 15 Jan 2010
Delhi Public School, R.K.Puram - Dec 15 to Jan 15 2010
Delhi Public School, Rohini - Dec 15 to Jan 15 2010
DPS International, Saket - 15th Dec Onwards
Heritage School, Rohini - 15 Dec to 12 Jan 10
Kulachi Hansraj Model School, Ashok Vihar - 15 Dec to 31st Dec
Modern Convent School, Dwarka - Dec 15 to Jan 15 2010
Modern School, Vasant Vihar - 15 Dec onward
Mother's International School, Sri Aurobindo Marg - 15 Dec to 15th Jan 2010
R.S. Junior Modern School, Humayun Road - 15 Dec Onwards
Sanskriti School, Chanakya Puri - 15 Dec to 7th Jan 2010
Sardar Patel Vidyalaya - Dec 15 to Dec 24
Salwan Montessori School, Old Rajinder Nagar - Dec 15 to Jan 15 2010
St. Andrews Scots Senior Secondary School, I.P.Extension - Dec 15 to Jan 15 2010
The Srijan School, Model Town - Dec 15 to Dec 19th
The Indian School, Joseph Broz Tito Marg - Dec 15 to Jan 15 2010
Tagore International School, Vasant Vihar - 15 Dec to 31st Dec
Tagore International School, East of Kailash - 15 Dec to 30th Dec
The Shri Ram School, Vasant Vihar - 15 Dec to 15th Jan 200
Springdales School - Dec 15 to Dec 22
Queen Mary's School, Mayur Vihar - Dec 15 to 31st Dec
Vasant Valley School, Vasant Kunj - Dec 15 to Jan 15 2010