Sarojini Nagar shop gutted
A major fire broke out at a popular footwear shop at Sarojini Nagar market on Saturday, police said, reports HT Correspondent.delhi Updated: Mar 28, 2010 01:00 IST
A major fire broke out at a popular footwear shop at Sarojini Nagar market on Saturday, police said.
Police say, the fire broke out around 8:30 pm at the Kins Footwear shop, gutting its three floors when the outlet was packed with customers. “The fire broke out on the first floor of the shop,” said a senior police officer. A short circuit was suspected to be the reason.
“The fire spread quickly to the ground and the second floor and the people present inside the shop were evacuated. Fortunately, no injuries were reported,” the officer added. Nine fire tenders were rushed to the spot. “We are ascertaining the amount of goods lost due to the blaze,” he said.