Six months after attack, MLA gets threat call
Legislator Bharat Singh, who had survived a bid on his life around six months ago, has allegedly received a threat call yet again.delhi Updated: Dec 16, 2012 23:47 IST
Legislator Bharat Singh, who had survived a bid on his life around six months ago, has allegedly received a threat call yet again.
Singh, who was attacked at his Najafgarh office on June 2, had been bedridden and remained confined to his home since then. On Tuesday, he stepped out for the first time to attend the winter session of the Assembly.
Singh approached police soon after receiving the call on Tuesday.
“Singh was in the House when he got a threat call. He made a call to the police soon after. His complaint was received and a case has been registered at the Civil Lines police station,” said a senior police officer.
According to police sources, the caller warned him that he would not survive this time around.
Investigators said the call had been made from a phone booth in Bahadurgarh. The booth's owner reportedly told the investigators that two men had come to make the call.
“We are trying to get a sketch of the callers done. The family members of accused will be questioned,” the officer said.
“Only recently was I able to step out of my house. The attack had left me bedridden for months,” Singh said. “I have filed a police complaint, though I am not keen on dealing with force as I have already faced a lot of trouble,” he added.
Four armed men had barged into Singh’s office on June 2 and opened fire. The accused in the case were arrested.