The H1N1 virus, popularly known as swine flu, killed one more person on Tuesday and left another battling for his life at Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital. This is Delhi's second swine flu-related death in the last five days.
The government still insists there is no need to worry.
"The virus has become milder and even if the numbers rise during the monsoons, we will be prepared... now we have indigenous preventive vaccines and drugs unlike the last time when swine flu struck the city," said Delhi Health Minister Kiran Walia.
Seven people in Delhi have tested positive for H1N1 in the past one week, with most hospitals getting two-three patients for screening every day.
"Today's death was that of an 60-year-old from Karol Bagh. He got infected during a trip to Kolkata. His condition worsened quickly as he already had renal failure, and was on dialysis," said Dr TS Sidhu, medical superintendent at RML.
The patient's wife, who travelled with him to Kolkata, also reported flu symptoms and has been given the anti-viral drug Fluvir.
"All the five confirmed cases of swine flu at RML caught the infection outside Delhi," Sidhu added.
The Lok Nayak Hospital, the other Delhi hospital with positive cases of swine flu, told a different story.
"A seven-year-old boy from Ghaziabad tested positive last week. He had no recent travel history, indicating he got infected locally," said Dr Naresh Kumar, medical specialist, Lok Nayak Hospital.
But there is no reason to panic.
"The H1N1 virus currently circulating is mild," confirmed Dr Kumar.
"The Ghaziabad boy did not infect his family members."