Third Mehrauli blast victim is a 24 year old | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 22, 2017-Saturday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Third Mehrauli blast victim is a 24 year old

Twenty-four-year-old Mohammad Ishtiaq Ansari became the third casualty of the Mehrauli blast that took place on September 27, reports HT Correspondent.

delhi Updated: Oct 06, 2008 01:05 IST
HT Correspondent

Twenty-four-year-old Mohammad Ishtiaq Ansari became the third casualty of the Mehrauli blast that took place on September 27.

He succumbed to his injuries at the Trauma Centre of ? All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) early Sunday morning.

Ansari was grievously injured in the blast and had been in an extremely critical state in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the trauma centre.

A first year MBA student of Integrated Management college (IMC) in Saket, he was admitted with serious injuries of the brain and abdomen.

Besides Ansari (24), the other two who lost their lives in the explosion were Santosh (9) and Dipu (23).

Confirming the report of his death, Dr M.C. Misra, chief of trauma centre, said, “Ishtiaq passed away at 8 in the morning. He was kept on a ventilator and was extremely critical since the time he was brought here.”

Talking about Ansari’s medical condition, Dr Misra said, “When he was brought to the trauma centre he was almost dead. We had to work very hard to resuscitate him. Both his kidneys and the brain were severely damaged.”

Ansari was one of the five patients who had to be operated upon immediately owing to their grave condition.

The doctors feel Ansari managed to sustain himself for over a week despite his condition.

Ansari and his friends Shyam Bahadur (25) and Satyajeet Chaudhari (24) were crossing the flower

market in Mehrauli when the bomb went off.

The three B-school students had gone to the flower market for some last minute Eid shopping.

Of the three students, Ansari sustained serious head injuries, while the other two received injuries in the leg.