Two, including 10-year-old, die due to electrocution | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 25, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Two, including 10-year-old, die due to electrocution

Two persons, including a 10-year-old boy were electrocuted during heavy showers on Friday in separate incidents.

delhi Updated: Jul 08, 2012 00:17 IST
HT Correspondent

Two persons, including a 10-year-old boy were electrocuted during heavy showers on Friday in separate incidents.

A boy, who had come from Agra to attend a marriage ceremony, was electrocuted in Sadar Bazar area of central Delhi. It was his birthday on Saturday.

The victim stepped on a naked electric wire, hidden in a pothole, when walking towards Motia Khan bus stop. Local residents said they had repeatedly complained to the authorities about the wire but no corrective step was taken.

Prashant was rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival. A case of causing death due to negligence has been registered and investigation is on to find out which agency was responsible for the maintenance of the wire.

In another incident, a 38-year-old man died when he came in touch with an open wire hanging from a pole at Deepali Chowk area of west Delhi on Friday evening. The incident took place around 6.30 pm.

The victim, identified as Ram Charan, was walking when his head came in contact with a wire and he fell on the road. Local residents rushed him to Sanjay Gandhi hospital but he had succumbed to the shock.