Three persons, including a father and daughter, were electrocuted when they accidentally stepped into a puddle of water that contained a live electricity cable, in outer Delhi's Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar on Wednesday afternoon, police said.
"The incident took place at 3.30 pm and the victims have been identified as Shambu Nath Gupta (45), his daughter Suraj (13) and Prem Prasad (40)," said a senior Delhi Police officer.
The police said the trio were walking on the road and were looking for shelter from the sudden downpour when they accidentally came in contact with the wire, that was in a puddle of water on the main road.
"They had located a tea shop from a distance and were running towards it to get shelter from the rain when they accidentally stepped into the puddle of water and got electrocuted," the officer said.
Police said the trio was rushed to a nearby nursing home. "We rushed them to a nursing home, where all three were declared brought dead on arrival. We are still investigating what the electricity cable was doing inside the puddle of water. A case has been registered and investigation is underway," the officer added.