Unnao treasure hunt: how much is the gold worth?
Three months ago, a seer, Shobhan Sarkar, had written a letter to the Union government to inform that he seen in his dream that a treasure was lying buried in the fort of Raja Ram Bux Singh. If Sarker's claim turns out to be true, the consequences will be as follows.delhi Updated: Oct 18, 2013 12:37 IST
Three months ago, a seer, Shobhan Sarkar, had written a letter to the Union government to inform that he seen in his dream that a treasure (1000 tonnes of gold) was lying buried in the fort of Raja Ram Bux Singh situated in Buxur area of Dandiyakhera Village in the Bighapur sub-division (tehsil).
He dreamt that Raja Ram Bux Singh, who gave his life for the country fighting the British in 1857, and told him to take care of the gold buried in the remains of his fort.
Consequently, the central government directed the district magistrate of Unnao on September 3 to find out the truth. On the directives of the district administration and the government, a team of the ASI officials surveyed the area indicated by the saint and found the traces of hidden gold pertaining to 19th century under 15-20 (60-65 feet) metres underground.
If Sarker's claim turns out to be true, the consequences will be as follows.
How much is the gold worth?
• The cost of 1000 tonnes of gold will be around Rs 3,00,000 crore (based on current gold price)
• 20% percent of the total cost of the gold, which would be around Rs 60,000 crore, would be spent on the development of the area, according to Sarkar
If found what all can be done?
• It will help construct about 22,220 kilometers of road for the state. The estimated cost of one kilometre road is Rs 27 lakh
• 10,000 hospitals could be constructed as the cost of one hospital is Rs 40 crore
• 20,000 schools could be constructed. The estimated cost of each school is Rs 35 crore
• Metro trains in Lucknow could be run with a total outlay of Rs 2,600 crore
• An international-level university could be constructed with a total outlay of Rs 400 crore
• Power houses with six mega-watt capacity could be set up to run the industries in the state
• High-tech modern dairy could be constructed with a total outlay of Rs 400 crore
• If Unnao is rehabilitated with the hidden treasure, the district would turn out to be better than Chandigarh. According to an estimate, 20 % of the total treasure would be more than that of the budget of the Union government for rural development
• The total budget of the Union government was of Rs 12 lakh crore, while 20% of the hidden treasure would provide one fourth of the funds for the whole budget
• It can provide budget of Rs 10,000 crore for Food Security Scheme, Rs 15,260 crore for potable water scheme, Rs 15,184 crore for Indira Awas yojana, Rs 21,7000 for Prime Minister’s rural road project and Rs 33,000 crore for MANREGA project