Who's PC Parakh
Parakh, has been named in the latest chargesheet filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) along with industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla and his company in the coal scam case.delhi Updated: Oct 17, 2013 00:39 IST
Asserting that there is nothing wrong in allocation of coal blocks, former Union Coal Secretary Prakash Chandra Parakh had said on Wednesday said if the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) considers a conspiracy in this case then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should be held equally responsible being the final decision maker.
Parakh, who has been named in the latest chargesheet filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) along with industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla and his company, said there is absolutely nothing wrong in the decision.
Who's PC Parakh?
• Prakash Chandra Parakh, who hails from Rajasthan, is a 1969 batch IAS officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre
• He has an MSc degree from IIT Roorkee
• Parakh’s first important posting as collector was at Kurnool district in Andhra Pradesh
• In 1983-88, he went on central deputation to serve the petroleum ministry in the position of a special chief secretary
• Parakh served as the chief commissioner of land administration in Andhra Pradesh before joining the post of coal secretary in March 2004
• Honest and upright, Parakh is known to stand up even against the decisions of chief ministers
• He served as the coal secretary from March 2004 to December 2005
• Upset over the political interference in the discharge of his duties as the coal secretary, Parakh even went to the Prime Minister, offering to quit
• He eventually retired on December 31, 2005
• The retired bureaucrat was leading a peaceful life in Secunderabad’s East Maredpally, until the coal scam came to light
• He was also associated with two NGOs providing prosthetic limbs (Jaipur foot) and affordable dialysis to the poor and needy