Woman dies after inhaling poisonous gas
A 27-year-old woman was found dead in the bathroom of her house after she reportedly inhaled poisonous gas that leaked from the geyser, police said. HT reports.delhi Updated: Jan 17, 2011 00:29 IST
A 27-year-old woman was found dead in the bathroom of her house after she reportedly inhaled poisonous gas that leaked from the geyser, police said.
The incident was reported from the Chhawla area of southwest Delhi on Saturday. The victim, identified as Anupam, had gone to the bathroom on the second floor of her house on Saturday afternoon to take bath. When she did not return for quite some time her family members went to check what had happened.
They found the bathroom bolted from inside and had to break open the door. "When they broke open the door they found Anupam lying on the floor. It seems that she became unconscious after inhaling the gas that leaked from the geyser installed there,” said a senior police officer.
“As there was no other outlet for ventilation she must have become unconscious and later died due to the suffocation," the officer added. Police said that it was not an electric geyser and was running on gas. "We have sent the body for post mortem and are investigating," said the officer.
Anupam was living with her parents and had recently left her job.