A 23-year-old man died after a fire broke out following a cylinder blast in a restaurant in Mayapuri in west Delhi on Saturday morning.
According to a fire department officer, fire broke out at 5.15am and the workers were sleeping inside.
"There were eight employees of the restaurant sleeping when the fire broke out. There was leakage in the LPG cylinder and one of them lit the matchstick which resulted into blast," said a fire department officer. As the fire broke out the workers rushed towards the washroom to exit from the window.
"Seven of them managed to exit with burn injuries but one, identified as Raju, got trapped and killed," the officer added.
Five others faced burn injuries and were rushed to Safdarjung Hospital where their condition is said to be stable. Three fire tenders were rushed to the spot and it took them over an hour to douse the blaze.