Two teenage girls were charred to death when a fire broke out in their Mayur Vihar phase-3 residence at 5 am on Monday morning.
Nikki (17) and her friend Shivani (14) were sleeping when there was a short circuit in the inverter, the police said.
“Shivani had come over at Nikki’s place for dinner along with her mother. After the party, both the girls slept in one room while Shivani’s mother went to sleep in the adjoining room. Nikki’s father and brother went to sleep in the fourth floor room,” said a police officer.
In another case, a fire broke out in a three-storey factory in Bhajanpura in north east Delhi. No causality was reported.