Hopeful that would take some "credible action" against Lashkar-e-Tayyeba (LeT) operatives and handlers involved in the Mumbai terror attacks, government officials said Home Minister P Chidambaram had handed over a list of seven operatives against who no action had been taken so far.
Chidambaram is also understood to have handed over the description of people as shared by David Coleman Headley, Lashkar operative in the US.
The home minister particularly mentioned seven people against whom no action has been taken by Islamabad despite sufficient evidences being provided at his one-to-one meeting with Interior Minister Rehman Malik.
The seven operatives are Sajjid Mir, Abdul Rehman, Pasha, Brigadier Riyaz, Abu Khafa, Al Kama and Abu Hamza.
New Delhi is hopeful that Islamabad will take some concrete steps before July 15 when External Affairs Minister SM Krishna visits Islamabad. This was indicated during the interaction of Pakistani officials with Indian delegation on the sideline of the Saarc Home Ministers' Conference in Islamabad.
"They told us that we would not be disappointed this time. We are expecting some credible action against the LeT operatives and handlers before the foreign minister's visit," an official said.
Krishna will visit Islamabad on July 15 for talks with his Pakistani counterpart, Shah Mahmood Qureshi, to work out the modalities for carrying forward the dialogue process.
Meanwhile, Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao said it was possible for Pakistan to control the activities of people like Lashkar chief Hafiz Saeed, who were not doing right for relationship between the two countries.
She was referring to Pakistani Interior Minister's statement that it was not possible for either Pakistan or India to control the likes of Saeed.
"Our concerns about Saeed have been very effectively conveyed to the Pakistani government and it continues to be our hope that Pakistan will pay close attention to what we are saying about individuals like Saeed," Rao said.